Viewed 1599 Times
No, but you will not qualify for a free transfer and must follow CCAPP’s lapsed credential policy which states:
“Pay all fees and penalties and meet one of the following conditions:
- The counselor must request in writing to be granted a six-month extension from the current certification expiration date if certification renewal documentation will not be provided. An extension does not make the certification active, it is still considered expired, but the individual requesting the extension will not fall into a lapse period which may require submitting of a full application, retaking examinations, etc. The individual will need to provide all required continuing education units (CEU), and professional development hours (PDH) per renewal policy and pay fees per renewal application/policies.
- If certification lapse is longer than six months, but less than one year, the counselor must request in writing to renew. The board may require additional education or requirements in order to renew certification after lapsing for this period of time.
- If certification lapse is longer than one year, but less than two years, the counselor must request in writing for an inactive application, and will be required to submit 50 CEU’s (40 from an approved provider with six in counselor ethics, 10 professional development hours (PDH)) to renew a currently expired credential to next renewal period. The applicant will be required to submit renewal at next renewal and adhere to all current renewal requirements.
- If longer than two years but less than six, the counselor will be required to submit 50 CEU’s (40 approved provider with six in counselor ethics, 10 PDH) for every two years expired for up to six years.
- If certification lapse is longer than six years, the counselor must request in writing to apply for certification as if an original applicant.
- If an applicant was a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the last six years, they are not eligible to retake the examination that they assisted in developing.”
Was this answer helpful ? Yes / No